Paleo Crab Cakes
By Tina Turbin
Seafood is a favorite of mine. All types of wild-caught fish, shrimp, lobster and of course crab are some of my favorites! This simple paleo crab cakes recipe was inspired by a recipe I found at AllRecipes.com. I tweaked it a bit and fine-tuned it to create a protein-packed paleo crab cake.
Be sure to use Dungeness crab for a sweeter flavor which tastes amazing with the delicious chipotle mayo recipe which I’ve included below.
- 1 pound crabmeat (Buy Dungeness here)
- 1/2 cup paleo breadcrumbs (many brands available or bake your own!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon homemade mayonnaise or paleo mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
Chipotle Mayo Dip Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup chopped green scallions
- Salt to taste
- Place crab and toasted breadcrumbs together in a bowl. Mix.
- Add beaten egg, mustard, Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire and mayonnaise.
- Mix gently. Avoid breaking crab as much as possible.
- Form into 8 large or 12 smaller cakes. Flatten and make round with hands so they’re shaped like a hockey puck.
- Heat your butter 2 tablespoons at a time. Allow space between cakes. Don’t overcrowd.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Set on paper towels and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile make your chipotle dip!
- Mix all ingredients well.
- You may chill the dip at this point or keep at room temperature.
- Due to raw eggs in the mayonnaise, do not leave out too long.
- Serve with the crab cakes.
Note from Angie:
This recipe sounds and looks SO delicious. My mom makes awesome crab cakes, I’ll have to share this recipe with her. Thanks for sharing a great recipe Tina. To get to know Tina better, check out her bio below and connect with her on her social channels.
Tina Turbin’s award-winning site, PaleOmazing.com houses many of her recipes and researched articles. She supports and writes about the benefits of the Gluten-Free, Paleo-ish, Keto, and Lower Carb inclined diets, as well as optimum lifestyles, and key women’s issues. She also founded GlutenFreeHelp.info, voted #2 .info site in the world over 6.7 million other .info sites. Tina has released numerous award-winning eBooks, hundreds of articles, is a mother of three and also carries an additional title of award-winning children’s author of Danny the Dragon Meets Jimmy.
Follow Tina on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+ and Instagram!
Tina Turbin, TTAT, Paleomazing
Leave a Reply