This week’s Friday Fit and Healthy Lifestyle Tips article is written by my friend Judy who will become a regular guest blogger here on my weight loss blog. Judy has been in the health and wellness field for many years and I’m happy that she’s willing to share her expertise with us. Judy has a blog about living a healthy lifestyle called Quick Steps to Health.
Please help me welcome Judy!
Tips on eating healthier and ways to stay active during the holiday party season
Are your eating plans ready for the Holiday party season?
With the holiday season upon us we will soon be offered the temptations of excessive alcohol consumption and fatty buffets. This can be very difficult for those of us who are trying to lose or at least not gain weight.
If you include some of the tips below into your eating routine, you should be able to continue your weight loss and continue losing weight into the New Year. The holidays do not have to always mean weight gain. Paying attention is critical, however.
Try some of the following weight loss tips that may help you to lose weight more quickly before the Holiday party season in addition to maintaining your diet plans when you attend those parties:
1. Take a walk – Walking everyday for 45 minutes rather then the usually recommended 30 minutes can increase fat loss by at least 60 calories a day. Use your lunch break to go for a walk every day.
2. Sometimes when we are thirsty, we feel like or think we are having hunger pangs. The next time you feel hungry, drink a glass of water and wait a little while to see if you still feel hungry. If you do, have a piece of fruit or a few almonds. That should take care of it.
3. In order to boost your metabolism and prevent sudden drops in sugar levels, which triggers hunger signals, try to eat 5-6 small meals a day dividing the meals into 5 equal amounts of about 300 calories each.
4. There are a few natural things you can add to your diet like slimming teas that are meant to suppress your appetite or cut your fat intake or boost your metabolism but I’m not sure how any of these work. As long as they are natural substances, you may want to give them a try but I’d sure check all the ingredients and any other information about them first.
Celebrate the Christmas season in style
1. Because alcohol is filled with hundreds of hidden calories that can cause you to gain weight, you might want to try having a glass of soda water with lime. If you choose to have an alcohol drink, you may want to combine something like wine with soda water half in half for half the calories. This helps in keeping your hands busy. You can also drink something like fruit juice mixed with soda water to keep the calories down if you don’t like just soda with lime.
2. When your holiday party includes a buffet, try a few tricks so that you don’t end up snacking all night long devastating your diet. Eat a regular fulfilling meal before you go to the party. Be sure to make it something satisfying enough to keep you full all night. Make it healthy too. Only make one trip to the buffet. Get a few things you really like and then spend the rest of the time engaging the rest of the people at the party. Socialize!
3. Park yourself away from the buffet table so that you are not tempted subconsciously to start snacking on the foods close to you. Find people on another side of the room to socialize with—they’re probably not the ones continually eating either.
4. Dance the night away! Enjoy yourself, get on the dance floor and use this opportunity to burn those excess calories.
To your health,
For more tips on living a healthy lifestyle visit my blog. We have free e-books on Self-help and Secrets to Sleep Success you may need during this upcoming holiday season.
Thank you Judy for your guest post this week!
I most definitely have to work on sitting far away from the full table of yummy holiday food and just take a sampling of my favorite foods to keep from overdoing it.
What is your biggest challenge on how to stay healthy during the holiday party season?
Leave a Reply