I just heard about International Fitness Day for the first time. This year it takes place globally on Saturday, October 16th. They have an online expo that started Oct. 12th and ends tomorrow so I’m a bit late for that. And if you’re in VA., there is a live expo this Saturday. But for the global celebration on Saturday everyone can do something to participate in International Fitness Day.
Here are a few ideas from their website.
- Dedicate at least 30 minutes to exercise
- Commit to eating healthy all day
- Make a donation to a charity of your choice (American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, etc)
Here are some of my ideas:
- Start a health and fitness journal
- If you have a gym membership, take one fitness class a week
- Step out of your comfort zone and sign up for a race (5k, 1/2 marathon, etc)
- If you have kids, get outside and be active with them
- Try one new healthy meal
How will you celebrate health and fitness this Saturday?