It’s my birthday!
My Happy Place
Don’t just count your years, make your years count. Ernest Meyers
Before I get to my April goals, I wanted to give you the final update on the 2 goals I set for the 48 Days to a Better Me challenge. You might recall that one of the goals was a bit silly but I wanted to learn how to put on eyeliner and although I waited until this past Tuesday to do it, I got it done. I went to Sephora and the gal was awesome. I will definitely have to work on the technique for a while but I was thankful she showed me how to do it. Time to watch some You Tube videos on eye makeup application and hopefully one day feel comfortable doing it.
The 2nd goal was to come up with my workout plan for after my personal training sessions end. I have come across a lot of great ideas but have not put together a solid plan for strength/weight training. If you know of any great plans please feel free to post links to them here. I am looking for a 3 day a week plan, a mix of upper body, lower body and core work.
Here are some of the great ones I have come across so far:
12 Week Weight Training Program by FitBlogger
Workout Nirvana has a ton of great training ideas on various muscle groups
Now all I have to do is put a plan together. I’ll need to print it all out and add it to a journal type book so I can carry it with me during my workouts. Another thing I thought would be cool is if I had it on my iphone so I could click to see what the actual exercise is they are talking about.
My last personal training session is April 11th and although I’m glad I’ll be out of the old gym for good, I will miss the training. Scott has been a great trainer!
My healthy living goals for April:
Kev and I have plans to try the Pilates and yoga classes at the new gym to see what we think. We will not be spinning as much as we used to because of the condition of spin bikes at the new gym but that gives us an opportunity to try new things. So here is a list of some of my April goals.
- Start back with Pilates (week of April 18th)
- Start my own strength/weights training program (week of April 11th)
- 3 days of cardio (which include spinning, treadmill, elliptical, home DVD workouts, etc.)
- Lose 15 lbs (I really don’t like to focus on the scale but starting this Sunday, I will plan to weigh in weekly and will share my numbers with the world)
- Over the last month we have eaten out a lot less than usual and have made some really tasty meals at home. And I have personally not been eating dessert hardly at all. My goal is to not eat after 9 PM (we eat dinner a bit late so that’s what works for me).
- Do 39 (my age) miles this month (walking outside/inside & Walk Away the Pounds DVD’s)
So there you have it! Ready to kick off the month and my birthday with a workout so I’m out. Have a great day and HAPPY APRIL.
What are your April healthy living goals?
Hope to see you for daily accountability on my Losing It and Loving It Facebook page.
Leave a Reply