Sesame Noodles Recipe
Serves about 4 – 5 for light lunch
- 1 lb whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup soy sauce (reduced-sodium)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cups snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 1 medium yellow or orange pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tsp crushed red pepper (or less if you like it less hot)
- Spring onions (plus extra for garnish), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (plus extra for garnish) chopped
Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain.
In the meantime, in a large serving bowl mix together the sesame oil, vegetable oil, lime juice, crushed red pepper, spring onions and cilantro. Add the spaghetti, sliced snow peas, bell pepper and sesame seeds and gently toss. Sprinkle with cilantro and spring onions and serve immediately.
I have not made this yet but I would probably replace the vegetable oil for extra virgin olive oil and not use soy sauce.