Here we are starting the last week of the Better Healthy Living Challenge. Week 4 challenge is all about veggies!
The goal this week is to try a new veggie and/or up your veggie servings. Try for 5-7 servings or more a day.
Do you struggle to eat your vegetables? I know I don’t eat near enough!
Here’s one of my favorite quotes:
Go vegetable heavy. Reverse the psychology of your plate by making meat the side dish and vegetables the main course.
Here are some ways to get in more vegetables:
- Add veggies to smoothies
- Start juicing
- Grill your veggies (outdoor grilling ideas)
- Add a variety of veggies to omelets or scrambled eggs
- Add veggies to regular or cooked sandwiches or use them as fries! I love homemade carrot and sweet potato fries. Yum!
- One thing I am working on is prepping veggies to have ready in the fridge throughout the week (carrot sticks mostly). Having veggies cleaned and ready to consume makes it a lot easier.
- Eating canned and frozen veggies won’t hurt ya. I always rinse any canned veggies but sometimes it’s just easier to eat canned or pop a bag of frozen veggies into the microwave.
Here are a few great blog posts about how to get more veggies into your life. I have shared these on the blog before but they are worth repeating.
- Trouble getting enough freggies in your day? Read this!
- Ideas on how to get your daily servings of fruits and veggies.
Did you try any new veggies this week? How did you add more veggies into your day?
This is the Week 4 BHL Challenge post. Can you believe we are already at the end of this challenge? Be sure to comment before end of day Sunday, June 30th to let us know how you did this week.
You must leave a comment here for the opportunity to be entered into the drawing to win one of the cool prizes. All prize announcements will be made on or before Monday July 1st. I will need all winners to respond within 24 hours so I can be sure to get prizes out to you before I leave on vacation. If I get a response after the deadline, prizes will be sent out the week of July 15th.
To be entered into the drawing for the Amazon gift card grand prize ($50), don’t forget to get over to the Challenge Loop page and accept the challenge and finish it out strong. Challenge rules are listed over there.
So SO proud of everyone who participated in this challenge. Keep up the great work!