Happy 25th Anniversary: 1996 to 2021
Kev and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary New Year’s Eve 2021. I didn’t want the month to get away from me without sharing a bit about us and how much he means to me. I’m super proud of our marriage.
Can you believe it’s been a quarter-century?!
Kevin is my everything. I am so thankful for this guy, he’s always by my side, every step of the way. We have a lot of fun together (so many belly laughs) and have made many great memories together.
Life is SO good.
25 Things About Us
- We got married on New Year’s Eve 1996
- He’s from IL, I’m from Virginia
- We have 5 amazing grandkids (Emily, Rhyanne, Lily, Bella, Hunter)
- So thankful that Kev loves pets as much as I do. We have 2 cats and a Blue & Gold Macaw. We have also had a Basset Hound, turtle and one other cat.
- We love to travel.
- We missed out on a 25th anniversary trip but we have a big camping trip booked this year to the NASCAR Road America race.
- We have traveled to St. Thomas (see pic above), St. John, California (Hollywood, Carmel, Monterey, San Francisco), Florida (Disneyworld, Miami, Tampa, Key West), Negril, Jamaica, Roatan, Honduras, Michigan, Indiana and Cozumel, Mexico (I feel like I’m missing some).
- Our favorite activities include snorkeling, kayaking and camping.
- In 2006, on our 10th anniversary, we renewed our vows on the beach at Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica
- In 2014 we took family on vacation to Roatan, Honduras. That was an amazing trip and we have been there 4 times.
- We bought our first travel trailer in 2020. It’s a Surveyor Legend 19RBLE.
- In April 2021 I got “C” and ended up in ICU, it was touch and go. He was there for me every step of the way.
- Also in 2021 we completed two workout programs together for a total of 17 weeks. Couples workouts rock!
- We are happiest when we are together or with family.
- We want to go on more cruises (our 1st was a four day Carnival cruise in 2018 to Key West, FL and Cozumel, Mexico)
- Our favorite food is sushi. We have found a new place (Shakou Vibe in Barrington, IL) to celebrate our annual New Year’s Eve anniversary dinner.
- Our favorite colors: Kevin – cobalt blue and Angie – green and purple, not together
- Our happy place is kayaking on a lake
- Our life’s goal is to own a lake house
- The next big vacation we want to take is to Greece
- We both love NASCAR but he knows way more about it than I do
- I’m 10 years younger than him
- We always make the best of every situation. Our life mantra “It is what it is”
- We prefer to give than to get. But I can shop Amazon with the best of them!
- We want to help others live a happy and fulfilled life. It’s short, so make every day count.
How Did We Meet?
Do you know how we met? You may have read our story but in case you haven’t, we met at a hotel. I was working as a front desk supervisor at Courtyard by Marriott. He likes to say, “she checked me in and I checked her out” lol
We dated 3 months long distance before getting married. Read our story here. We won the St. Thomas/St. John trip mentioned above by entering our love story into a Marriott beach blogger contest. That was really cool. I know a lot of you helped us get to the finals so THANK YOU for the great memories.
Honey, I love you a latte! You make my life complete. Here’s to the next 25. Let’s go.
“True love stories never have endings.” by Richard Bach
Are you married? If so, how long? Tell us something about yourselves.